Why Choose IBBco Civil Engineering Ltd?

In short Section 50 and Section 278 works are fundamental to the core services that IBBco provide. We work with a wide-range of customers. Our services can help the likes of a small developer who might require new access to a small plot of land. In contrast we can also help with a multi-million pound construction of heavy duty entrances to an industrial area.

IBBco work daily with the Highways teams at numerous local authorities across the South East. With 25 years’ experience applications are second nature to us. Above all we have the knowledge, accreditations, insurance and staff to get the job done on-time, on-budget and to the highest standards.

Digger Ibbco Civil Engineering Ltd

Section 50 Agreement

Installation of apparatus under the public highway

Developers wanting to install or maintain apparatus under a public highway will require a Section 50 agreement. Therefore works such as verges, footways and carriageways will need this is place. This is issued by the Local authority under the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 (NRSWA.) In sum this is the primary legislation governing licenses for street works.

Typical Examples:

  • Surface and sewer water connections in the highway
  • Telecoms ducts in the highway
  • Gas and electricity connections
  • Erection of columns in the highway for lighting and signage

Contact us to discuss your Section 50 application and works.

Section 278 Agreement Entrance Ibbco Civil Engineering Ltd

Section 278 Agreement

Construction and changes to the public highway

Section 278 of the Highways Act 1980 allows a developer to carry out permanent changes to the public highway. This is generally necessary when planning permission has been granted for a development that requires improvements or changes. In short a Section 278 agreement is the agreement between the Highways authority and the developer.

Typical Examples:

  • Road junction modifications
  • New access into retail parks
  • Priority junctions
  • Vehicular cross-overs
  • Zebra and pelican crossings
  • Traffic calming measures
  • Pedestrianisation schemes
  • Cycle and footpath construction

Contact us to discuss your Section 278 application and works.

A Fully Managed Solution

Once your 278 agreement is signed, we can take over the whole process for you. We provide advice accordingly as we know the process inside and out. Our service includes the pre-construction requirements process, statutory undertakers enquiries, NRSWA permit application and traffic management plans. If we can help then get in touch today to discuss your requirements.

Local Authorities